7 days ago i did my usual routine.... let the dog and cat out, fed the chickens, then went to check on the bunnies.... all normal except i noticed the movement of fur and straw ! I peeked in closer and found 6 hairless bunnies ! Ok yes we hadn't gotten around to deciding who to desex so it shouldn't of been too much of a suprise but i was soooo excited! I didn't want to tell the kids incase they all died, but 7 days on we have 4 very healthy bunnies, sadly two died on day 3 ....they have doubled in size and are covered in fur ! We showed Alex & Erin on day 5 and he was so excited !
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5 , Alex & Erin get to see them !
Day 7
Proud ma and pa !!!
Not sure what will happen to them when or if they make it to 8 weeks of age ( been looking up rabbit info on the internet and they have a high-ish mortality rate when they wean apparently ?? ) We obviously also have to desex someone or a few of them !!! It will be very hard to part with my "grandbunnies" !! I have spent the last week checking every few hours - last check at midnight then first thing in the morning, incase they had crawled out of the nest. I found two on the floor of the cage one very cold night, picked them up and recovered with straw and all was good again !! So i am very attatched to them right now !!












Oh Linda...
ReplyDeleteha ha ! well Austin and Lily are getting one each !! Ha Ha Ha !! We are not keeping them...relax !!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I have NEVER seen baby rabbits before!!
ReplyDeleteKeep the photos coming - I'd love to see how they are growing!
Michelle (im guessing) ... it has been mind blowing watching them grow ! they are 10 days old now...furry with open eyes ! And so so cute ! i want them all !!
ReplyDelete