Ok yes i have turned 40 ! I'm not depressed or worried but it is kind of weird. I certaintly don't feel 40 or look like i imagine a 40 year old to look like ! I think having young kids at the moment is making it easier... too busy to think or worry !
The kids really wanted to by me a birthday present, so after swimming lessons on Tuesday we ducked into Miranda where i took them to Diva and gave them $20 each to buy me something. Alex was so excited, i explained to the woman in the shop and waited outside...they chose their gifts and Alex hung tight to the bag all the way home, i put him to bed then checked on him later and saw two little boxes on the floor...gorgeous !!! I was woken up at 6am by them both standing there with a box each ! They chose GREAT ! I got two necklaces, a silver heart from Erin and a silver Owl from Alex. I of course had to wear them both !
Whilst texting Karen F at 11.45pm the night before talking about the dreaded 4-0 she asked if i'd taken a "selfie" incase i suddenly looked 40 the next day ! ha ha ha ! So i hopped out of bed, make up free and took a shot ! I love how she makes/encourages me to do these crazy things !!
I had an amazing day surrounded by my friends ( Shaun was en route home so missed the big day ... it was fine by me... think of the presents i'm going to get !! Ha ha ) Tanya organised a yummy lunch with four of my closet "Bundeena mums" and Anna and Karen come too.
![]() |
| Bundeena "ladies who lunch !" |
![]() |
| the first of 3 amazing cakes ! |
We had a fantastic lunch, then after we picked all the kids up, we went back to Tanyas to have my AWESOME camera cake !!!!
![]() |
| All the gang ! |
THEN, we went home and Karen stayed the night, helping with homemade pizzas (kids idea!) and another cake that they decorated !
![]() |
| "aunty Karen" encouraging silly faces ! |
![]() |
| just went i thought it couldnt get better, i took Zack down to bed and when i returned i was presented with this !!! |
Karen and i taking "selfies" until our tea went cold !! Ha ha ha ! What a fantastic day !
40 things about me !
1. Love being a mother, best decision i ever made.
2. Am addicted to taking photos ( i actually feel bad about how much i will bore their future partners ! )
3. Love being barefoot
4. I eat peanut butter on toast nearly every morning
5. I once worked in London lining up purfum bottles to be filled for 2 pounds an hour !
6. Once threw a dart at a dart board which went backwards and narrowly missed and old mans head
7.Love being at home surrounded by paint, play dough and mess !
8. Though i do somedays miss "real work" ... least you get breaks at work !
9. Obviously adore the beach, but hate sand on the floors
10.Spend most nights on the computer editing and sorting all the photos i take !!
11. Favourite flower is a sunflower
12. Favourite comfort/junk food is pizza
13. I watch "neighbours" ... i have no excuses for that !
14. A movie i could watch over and over is "love actually"
15. I have had 8 pet rabbits in my life...4 at one time
16.I should be banned from entering stationary shops - no self control !! (ESP with Karen Flemming !)
17. I miss the cold of London
18. Miss my friends too.
19. I hate avocado... ESP feeding it squashed to my babies !
20. Love trash tv - supernanny, toddlers & tiaras, the only way is Essex ect ect !
21. Have a desire to be a midwife.
22. Favourite colour is green.
23. I am a complete nutter with the kids teeth ... have a massive and irrational fear about them knocking them out !
24. I am a signwriter.
25. My first vinyl album was Buck Fizz !
26. I am not a morning person !
27. I begin and end the day with a cup of Earl Grey tea
28. I bite my nails ...determined to stop this year !
29. In 1997 i left Australia to travel for 6 months.... I returned 10 years later with a man & and a baby boy.
30. I have a huge box of shells & rocks that i have collected from around the world.
31. I hate scary movies and don't get why people like them.
32. I really wanted to be a policewoman from about 8 - 16 years old !
33. I love champagne
34. My nickname is Bob ( Thanks Grant for that one ! )
35.Although i love the quietness of Bundeena, i love cities, Bangkok, New York, Paris !!!
36.Am surrounded by amazing strong woman !
37. Love the smell of eucalyptus and inhale it ALOT when i'm pregnant.
38. I was hit by a car when i was 17
39. Love to travel but hate to fly !
40. Love watching my children sleep


















40 years young - you really don't look like a 40 year old (what do they look like anyway?). Great list - we have many common 'likes' and dislikes' - must be because we share family genes. I always thought you were my cool older cousin - I still do!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA xxx
ReplyDeletePS Soooo....what DID shaun give you??
Ha ha ! I think when i was younger i imagined a 40 year old to look ...well OLD !! I have no idea !!! :))
ReplyDeleteWell i was SPOILT !!!! I got an awesome Nikon (of course) underwater camera AND a Samsung Galaxy ! Its like a mini ipad that takes crystal clear photos....i am so in love!!!!! (with the camera....ha ha ! Shaun is ok !! ha ha ha )
wow...lucky you! Can't wait to see some underwater shots on your blog!!
ReplyDelete