Friday, October 14, 2011

The Gruffalo !


One of our all time favourite books was being played at the Opera House so i was very excited Karen thought to book the tickets while we were in Thailand ! After nearly turning up a week early ( i was pretty excited - can you tell ?? ) the big day was finally here ! We got the train into the city and met up with mum and dad who took the girls for the hour as Karen was worried Lily wouldn't sit still ! When we walked into the theatre, Alex froze and gripped my hand... it was dark and the trees looked a bit spooky ! We found our seats and the two boys sat on the same seat - very cute ! Alex relaxed after about 10 mins then really enjoyed himself... yelling out pantomime style when prompted to. I LOVED it ! 



                                                ( photo nicked off Karens page !!)



We went for a quick pub lunch where they spent most of the time climbing 
and jumping off this sculpture !





Sometimes, you just catch these amazing shots ! 


                                                                      A very happy boy !

3 comments:

  1. Hey - awesome photo of the sculpture jump! We totally loved the Gruffalo too. I LOVE that kind of performance - when it's completely enthralling for little ones and adults alike, win win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so honoured that one of MY photos, taken with a little 'point and shoot' made it onto your blog!!! But how awesome is that photo of Austin jumping with Alex at the bottom. Wow Wow Wow!!! You have to enter it into a competition or something, it's awesome. I need the hard copy please. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep..that jumping photo rocks.
    LOoovVe 'The Gruffalo'! wish I could take my guys to see it.

    ReplyDelete