Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dummy no more !!

Well Erin has finally given up her dummies !!! It finally came to an end as she had another bad fall and knocked her front tooth again ( 4 very bad knocks to the same tooth since October !! ).... but as she did it she bit through the dummy ... enough was enough ... they had to go !! She was in a alot of pain the night it happened so i told her if she was brave and slept by herself all night  i would take her to "build a bear" to get  a bear the next day ( the last time we went she had a meltdown due to bad mummy not realising how tired and hungry she was before we went in !! ) Anyway she chose a bear exactly like Alexs' :) You have to register the bear to get a birth certificate, so it needed a name ... Erin said she didn't know what to call her, i suggested "dummy" ... she laughed and agreed so Erin still has a "dummy", only this one gives cuddles !!

choosing her bear

picking out her heart


putting in her heart
brushing her




teddy love !!

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute post, I think I might show this to Lily and completely copy you. Like you I'm not sure I'm ready though - I feel bad taking it away, she LOVES it for sleeping, well she'd love it all the time if I let her. Never taken them to build-a-bear, great idea - maybe I could get Austin to get rid of his Bot-Bot at the same time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you get over all the mass produced crap, made in china, blah ,blah ,blah.... it is actually a beautiful place ! the ceremony of choosing and bringing to life of a buddy to cuddle is gorgeous ! they rub the heart on their eyes,ears ect so he can hear and see... its lovely ! Alex would go every week if he could !

    ReplyDelete
  3. they said alot of mums bring the dummies to shove in the bear...but erin was horrified at the thought of the little bear having dummies in her back !!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry gave up the dummy without blinking - he just totally accepted my decision to ditch it. I can't remember how old he was, but he must have been less than two. HOWEVER.... It took us forever to break Till's thumb sucking habit (she had done SO MUCH damage to her teeth - thankfully once she stopped sucking, everything moved back into place). Whilst I'm not one to often indulge my kids with material rewards, a trip to this shop would have been the perfect reward for giving up the thumb!!!! Till's eyes would pop out of her head!

    ReplyDelete