Wednesday, February 22, 2012

dress up party !

another dress up party.... Alex went as a knight and Erin was Super girl ! It was a "Dora" party and besides a massive jumping castle - Dora turned up as well !!


Camera shy Erin !



Dora arrives !! She heard me call Erins' name and whispered that her name was Erin as well ! 






"Hey Alex give me a smile !!"


Perfecting Alexs' looks !


6 comments:

  1. I can't believe you can get an adult Dora for your party - she just looks so wrong!!! What did the kids think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ones about ten were saying "you're not dora". but Alexandra ( 3 ) seemed pretty entranced ? Dora explained she becomes human like when she pops out of the tv ! She was soooo nice the girl doing it.... really sweet. She did lots of games, hide and seek, wishes with fairy dust, map and boots were used too... she was pretty good !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh....fancy being able to 'hire' a Dora! Kids parties are so over the top now, don't you think!? Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No i agree Michelle ! I love parties and going over the top in some peoples eyes... but i enjoy making everything myself... cant ever see myself hiring things like that ! I think the jumping castles are $5200-$300 !!! Crazy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep....home-made is special! Simple is special too. Lucky my kids are easily pleased. Till had her 5th b'day at our local tiny movie theatre. For the hire cost of $50 we could fill it with as many kids as we liked, and for as long as we liked. We sat through a Tinkerbell DVD and afterwards had the cake outside and then we played at the park. Harry's last b'day party involved a sausage sizzle and a bonfire. I haven't organised a "proper" party for either of them. I think it's because I teach all week long - the last thing I want to do is run a party with 20 kids in my time off!!!!!!!!!! Maybe this year I'll give it some more thought.

    ReplyDelete